Under general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accountant is responsible for reviewing and processing invoices and received checks in accordance with established processes and procedures for APC and its subsidiaries. The Accountant also performs other accounting related duties as assigned. This position may also require assisting in project cost accounting on contracts.
- Develops and documents new efficient standards of procedure for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Receives and reviews check requests, invoices and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders, check requests, and/or documentation that verifies receipt of goods or services.
- Codes, or verifies coding, performed by others and obtains approval for payment from appropriate staff members prior to sending invoices to BBSS.
- Reconciles account statements and investigates discrepancies, serves as a liaison between the department and the vendors.
- Obtains credit card receipts from all users and performs reconciliations to ensure timely reporting of monthly expenses.
- Develops new and efficient filing system procedures for all AP an AR files and educates administrative staff on proper filing procedures.
- Provides analysis of benefit plans and other fringe benefits to prevent discrepancies.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer in special projects as needed.
- A minimum of two years of experience in accounting/finance positions with progressive increases in the size and scope of responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting. Adequate experience may be substituted for the education requirement.