Posting Date: 12-8-2023
Full Time/Part-Time: Full Time Hourly
Location: Anchorage, AK
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Under general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accountant is responsible for entering and processing payrolls/certified payrolls. Reviewing customer invoicing and entering received checks in accordance with established processes and procedures for APC and its subsidiaries. The Accountant also performs other accounting-related duties as assigned. This position may also require assisting in project cost accounting on contracts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow standards of procedure for payroll and accounts receivable.
- Generate and distribute accurate and timely invoices to customers.
- Verify that invoices comply with company policies and customer terms.
- Reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between invoiced amounts and payments received.
- Record and apply customer payments accurately.
- Monitor and manage outstanding balances, aging reports, and past-due accounts.
- Coordinate with customers to resolve payment discrepancies and ensure timely resolution.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of organization and productivity.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with board members, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software/systems and Microsoft Excel.
Required experience and education:
- A minimum of two years of experience in accounting/finance positions with progressive increases in the size and scope of responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting. Adequate experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience in Quickbooks and Deltek Costpoint.
- Previous experience working with Alaska Native Corporations.
- Experience in both federal and commercial contracting.
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screening. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check.
Alaska Peninsula Corporation (APC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, APC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
APC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of APC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
APC family of companies’ practices shareholder, shareholder spouse, descendant, and Native preference as allowed by public law.
APC is an “At-Will” employer, as allowed by regulation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.