APC Federal LLC CEO
Position: General Manager
Company: APC Professional Services LLC
Reports to: APC Federal LLC CEO
Alaska Peninsula Corporation (APC) is the merged village corporation formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act for 5 Alaska Native villages, Port Heiden, Ugashik, South Naknek, Newhalen and Kokhanok. APC is engaged in commercial activities and federal contracting. The federal contracting division (“Division”) is managed through APC Federal Contracting, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of APC. APC Federal Contracting LLC provides a variety of shared services to the following wholly owned APC subsidiaries:
• APC Construction Services LLC,
• APC Professional Services LLC, and
• Talarik Research and Restoration Services LLC
each of which is engaged in pursuing government contracting opportunities.
The General Manager is a results oriented position responsible for development of profitability for APC Professional Services LLC.
• Budget and meet profit goals for the company.
• Business development, including marketing intelligence, identification of new opportunities, client relationships and winning of new work sufficient to meet and exceed budgetary goals and capture management.
• Hiring, terminating, managing and mentoring of billable staff.
• Process improvement and right sizing of operations to ensure staff is billable; process improvement and automation are priorities and overhead is managed tightly.
• As a leader of the company, fosters a culture that promotes the mission of the Division and fosters an atmosphere of trust, transparency, communication and integrity. This culture should be evident in all areas of leadership, in all employees, in dealing with all clients and partners.
• Work with APC’s executive team to ensure the company meets strategic, cultural, financial and safety goals.
• Foster and manage a safety-first environment for all employees.
Minimum Education/ Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or other closely related field. Year for year experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Minimum of ten years in the field of government contracting with a minimum of five years managing government contracts and experience, in particular, with management of ANC 8(a) subsidiaries
• Must have established relationships with federal clients seeking to contract with government contractors that will translate to new contracts in the short and long term.
Measures of Success
• Growth and revenue generation for the company (50%)
• Budgeting and Realizing budget profit goals (30%)
• Client Satisfaction (10%)
• Process improvement, streamlining operations, having billable staff, containing overhead (10%)
• Travel, up to 25% of time
• Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision.
• Maintain job flexibility outside of regular office hours.
• A minimum of 20 hours per week at main office and a minimum of 40 hours per week on duty.
• Provides weekly status reports of accomplishments and resolutions.
Salary based on experience. Medical insurance, dental, vision, life, Incentive bonus program tied to accomplishment of goals.
Alaska Peninsula Corporation (APC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, APC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
APC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of APC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
APC family of companies’ practices shareholder, shareholder spouse, descendant, and Native preference as allowed by public law.
APC is an “At-Will” employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.