Title: Chief Operating Officer
Posting Date: 9-19-2023
Full Time / Part-Time: Full time exempt
Location: Anchorage, AK
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
APC is a growing company, and we need someone to be the right-hand person to our CEO. We’re searching for a chief operating officer (COO) who has strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business with a creative point of view. The ideal candidate has extensive experience within our industry, preferably having worked their way up to an executive role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operations strategy
• Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning
• Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members can thrive and that organizational goals are met
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
• Partners with the CEO in business development
• Build and maintain relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and shareholders
• Manages the Land & Natural Resources departments
• Manages marketing, branding, and corporate communications
• Corporate governance
• Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
• Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
• Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills
• High level of organization and productivity
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, employees, and shareholders.
Required Experience and Education:
• A minimum of five years of exempt level experience in leadership positions with progressive increases in the size and scope of responsibilities.
• A bachelor’s degree
Preferred (but not required):
• Previous experience working with Alaska Native Corporations
• Grant writing and management experience
This position is subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screening. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check.
Alaska Peninsula Corporation (APC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, APC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
APC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of APC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
APC family of companies’ practices shareholder, shareholder spouse, descendant, and Native preference as allowed by public law.
APC is an “At-Will” employer, as allowed by regulation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.