Provides Bear guarding and hazing services for work crews performing field work in remote locations. The bear guard must be able to respond immediately and communicate effectively to ensure safety to all persons in the field. Transportation to and from the field work location may be by truck, helicopter / airplane, or boat. Cleans and secures weapon and ammunition at the end of each shift. Performs other duties as assigned by the camp manager.
- Ability to work well as part of team.
- Ability to work early morning or evening shifts, as well as days, weekends and holidays.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner.
- Acts in a courteous and professional manner and successfully communicate to personnel, contractors, and local-residents.
- Pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen.
- Pre-employment criminal background history check.
- Successful completion of the Bear Guard training (Provided).
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous Bear Guard experience.
- Previous fire arm experience.
Works inside and outside in conditions of both hot and cold temperatures and may be exposed to odors, dust, mechanical hazards, high noise levels and potentially dangerous equipment and materials. Ability to bend, reach, lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently. Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb. Ability to sit for extended periods while driving or flying.